Requirements for Appointment at Parkland Health & Hospital System
- House Staff Officer, as a condition of their appointment with Parkland Health & Hospital System, must at all times remain in good academic standing with The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas training program.
- Must have matched or joined The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas residency or fellowship program and be appointed to Parkland Health & Hospital System.
- As defined by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs at Parkland Health & Hospital System.
- Graduates of Medical Schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and
- Have an ECFMG sponsored J-1 visa.
- All House Staff members must maintain, through the duration of their contracts, a valid license or permit (medical and dental, as appropriate) in the State of Texas.
Parkland Health & Hospital System Graduate Medical Education program is based on six core competencies as described by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).