The American Cancer Society (ACS) Resource Center is located in the lobby of the Oncology (Cancer) Clinic at Parkland Hospital. The ACS Patient Navigator is also a social worker and can help with many of the needs of cancer patients. For example:
- Educational materials related to your diagnosis, cancer prevention, nutrition, treatment side effects & more
- Transportation issues
- Gift items for persons currently in or recently completed
chemotherapy like wigs, hats & scarves.
- Books & magazines
- Pillows & blankets (from donors so availability will vary)
- Support: information about area support groups; referrals
to Reach to Recovery for women with breast cancer
- Assistance with other issues related to a cancer diagnosis such as how to obtain a disabled parking permit, financial assistance programs, food banks, and much more
Feel free to drop in, look around and say hello!
ACS Patient Navigator Phone Numbers: