Parkland's Cardiovascular Services ranks among the best in the nation. Patients can rest assured of receiving top quality care for various heart conditions through the hospital's diverse expertise in this area.
Procedures are performed to test or improve the condition or functions of the heart and its blood vessels, including:
- Cardiac catherization – a procedure that looks at heart circulation under x-ray with dye
- Cardioversion – an elective shocking of the heart to correct electrical problems
- Coronary angioplasty – a balloon inflation of blocked arteries
To find out about more procedures offered in the Cardiac Labs and for an appointment, please call 214.590.8617. The lab is open from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Diagnostic cardiovascular procedures are performed on an inpatient and outpatient basis, including:
- Ambulatory Monitors – is an exercise stress test that shows if the heart is getting enough blood
- Exercise Tolerance Testing – tests the strength of a patient's heart
- Holter Monitors – is a take home heart monitor to evaluate electrical conduction
To find out about more procedures offered in the Cardiovascular Lab and for an appointment, please call 214.590.8395.
Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery Clinic
This clinic provides consultation and evaluation of all patients with cardiac and non-cardiac thoracic surgical problems. For more information call 214.590.5524 or 5526. For an appointment, please call 214.590.5218. Office hours are
8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday.